INFECTED GmbH is one of the market leaders for computer-generated imagery (CGI) in Germany.
From concept to design to digital production, crossmedia advertising campaigns, branded content or point of sale experiences, it all comes to life in our workshop. You think about unique visual solutions. Whether you are seeking photo-realistic full-CG commercials, an exclusive design for your web special, a concept for a social media campaign, an immersive virtual reality experience or professional production consultation.
We are looking for an Environment Artist experienced in complex environment creation based on concept art, references and the vision of the director and/or supervisors. You will help establish and explore technical approaches, structure and layout of CG environments and also generate the assets necessary to create these complex high-quality environments. As a creative position, having a good eye and being capable of producing high-quality results is essential.
- Asset Planning & Creation. Modelling, texturing and shading detailed props and objects according to concepts, references and/or art direction
- Assembling. Assemble, validate and distribute environment scenes. Conceptualizing, building, texturing and lighting environments in tight collaboration with supervisors, directors and concept artists
- Collaborating with other artists to strive for achieving the highest visual quality while working within memory, performance and other run-time requirements and constraints
- Help to develop the technical framework and pipeline for environment creation including tools and workflows
- Deep knowledge of Houdini and Maya for environment creation
- Expertise in modelling and texturing techniques both hard surface and organic of at least one major modelling package (Maya, Blender, Max or equivalent)
- Experience with industry-standard tools for asset creation such as Substance Painter/Designer, Quixel Megascans, Mudbox/Zbrush etc.
- Strong understanding of Lighting and PBR Shading
- Knowledge of efficient work methods for scattering, instancing and data management in large scale scenes enabling revisions and client feedback to be implemented with minimum production overhead and rework
- Experience in photogrammetry
- The ability to take ownership of your work and thrive for quality
- An organised way of working – creating scenes and structures that can easily be picked up by other artists
- Great eye for layout and composition
- Good communication skills
- A humble and helpful attitude
Desired technical skills include:
- Expertise working in a realtime environment
- Knowledge of Unreal, Unity, or similar engine
- A motivated and friendly team of international artists and producers
- An interesting, self-responsible job
- The possibility of active participation in a young and dynamic company
- Modern equipped offices in a central city center location
SOUNDS GOOD? Then please send your complete application documents (PDF format), including work samples (links), salary expectations and date of entry via this link: INFECTED application portal
Peer Münster (Managing Director)
Yacoob Essack (Managing Director)